Speech-Language Therapy is a type of therapy that focuses on the child’s ability to communicate and understand language. Problems with speech can lead to long term negative effects such as difficulties with interacting and developing social relationships, low academic grades and many others. Our team of specialists work together to identify your child’s concern and help them improve their social and communication skills.
Our Speech-Language Pathologists are trained using a variety of different techniques to facilitate the speech-language development of the children they work with. Some of our techniques include:
- Lidcombe Program for Childhood Stuttering
- Kaufman Technique for Apraxia of Speech
- Oral Placement Therapy (OPT) for Speech Clarity and Feeding
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- Hanen Early Language Programs for Parents
- Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets (PROMPT)
- Assistive/Adaptive Communication (AAC)
Always accountable to our industry standards.
As part of our mission to provide outstanding service to each child on an individual level, our therapists are accountable to the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario. Following the standards laid out by the College, our Speech-Language Pathologists’ complete annual registration and participate in furthering education, competency assessments and clinical audits to ensure that their practices remain ethical, safe and competent.
Learn more about Speech Therapy or about the accountability of our Canoe Therapists: