While psychology is the study of a person’s thoughts, emotions and behaviours, clinical psychology is the application of that knowledge in real life. Our team of highly qualified Clinical Psychologists are well-versed in both study and practice, and we’re ready to help. We’ll spend plenty of time with your child to gain an understanding of their thoughts and feelings before arriving at a diagnosis (if applicable) and a treatment plan that’s designed to improve your child’s life at home, at school and in the community.
Our team of Psychologists work with your family to identify your child’s needs and help navigate the many challenges that accompany developmental, behavioural, emotional and intellectual difficulties.
Utilizing evidence-based practices, we can identify and develop treatment plans to address your child’s unique difficulties, such as:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Learning disabilities
- Intellectual disabilities or global developmental delay
- Behavioural challenges
- Mental health concerns such as depression, anxiety, trauma, bullying, school refusal and adjustment to stressful life events
All of our psychological assessments and treatment are available in both English and French.
We offer a wide range of services to support your child’s mental health. These include:
- Developmental assessments for toddlers and preschoolers
- Psychological and psycho-educational assessments to identify:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Learning disabilities
- Intellectual disabilities
- Attention Deficit Disorder with or without Hyperactivity (ADD and ADHD)
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Conduct Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
We also offer the following therapy approaches:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) for anxiety, phobias, stress management, perfectionism, depression, chronic pain, etc.
- Parent consulting, counselling and coaching
- Family therapy
- Support for siblings
- Social/communication skills group therapy
- Parent-infant and parent-child dyadic therapy
Always accountable to our industry standards.
Canoe Therapy’s Psychologists aren’t just accountable to you — we’re also accountable to the College of Psychologists of Ontario. As regulated professionals, it’s our responsibility to adhere to the strict standards laid out by the College regarding the ethical, competent and safe practice of psychology in Ontario. Our team members regularly participate in College-offered educational seminars, competency assessments and clinical audits to ensure that we continue to provide your child with the best treatment possible.
Learn more about the practice and regulation of psychology: