Registered Social Worker or Psychotherapist
We’re looking for a Registered Social Worker or Psychotherapist who is driven to provide exceptional service to their families, loves to work within a team and who genuinely cares about the outcomes for their clients.
Canoe Therapy is an interdisciplinary pediatric therapy team of Speech-Language Pathology, Psychology, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Behavioural Therapy. We take a holistic approach, considering the child and family as a whole and working in partnership with their wider team. We’re a passionate group of therapists who build strong relationships with our kids and their families and internally as a team. Our culture is inclusive, transparent and a place to be yourself! We’re all about clinical excellence.
The ideal candidate has:
- 2-3 years of experience in pediatrics
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Social Work and Social Service Workers or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Experience in conducting a series of individual sessions with a client
- Specialized skills to support children, youth and/or their families who have experienced or been affected by: Trauma, Anxiety, Depression, Eating disorders, Grief, Loss and Separation and/or Divorce
- Knowledge in a variety of play therapy models including directive methods (such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) and non-directive approaches (such as Child-Centered Play based services) is an asset.
- Experience providing consultation and collaborating with multidisciplinary teams
- Prior experience in private practice setting
The nature of the work is hands-on consultation and treatment of the pediatric population from toddlers to adolescents. Typically, clinic-based services but may be required to be delivered virtually.
If you or someone you know is looking to join a creative and caring pediatric therapy team, we want to hear from you! Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for your interest in Canoe Therapy. We will contact you directly if you will be considered for an interview.