We’re looking for a Psychologist who is driven to provide exceptional service to their families, loves to work within a team, and who genuinely cares about the outcomes for their kiddos. Canoe Therapy is an interdisciplinary pediatric therapy team of Speech-Language Pathology, Psychology, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, and Behaviour Therapy. We take a holistic approach, considering the child and family as a whole and working in partnership with their wider team. We’re a passionate group of therapists who build strong relationships with our kids and their families, and internally as a team. Our culture is inclusive, transparent, and a place to be yourself!
As an integral part of our team, you’ll have the full support of our Family Coordinators, marketing, access to therapy resources, and of course the other disciplines on the team. We’re all about clinical excellence.
The ideal candidate has:
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical or Clinical Developmental Psychology
- Current registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario, or eligibility for Supervised Practice, with competencies in assessment and treatment of children, adolescents and families
- Experience in the assessment and diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (including the ADOS-2 and ADI-R), ADHD, Learning Disability, with thorough experience in developmental, cognitive, academic, socio-emotional and behavioural assessment
- Experience providing evidence-based treatment for anxiety, depression, eating disorders, and behavioural problems
- Experience providing consultation and collaborating with multidisciplinary teams
Flexible schedule according to psychologist’s preference and availability. Health benefits are provided for full time staff.
The nature of the work is hands-on assessment, consultation, and treatment of the pediatric population from birth to young adults across all diagnoses and children who do not have a diagnosis. Typically clinic-based, services may be required to be delivered in home, school or community settings.
If you or someone you know is looking to join a creative and caring pediatric therapy team, we want to hear from you! Please send a resume to email@example.com and include a cover letter.
We thank you for your interest in Canoe Therapy! We will contact you directly if you will be considered for an interview.
Questions? Give us a call at 905-633-9222.