Occupational Therapist – Full time or Part time
Put your paddle in the water with us, the journey is just beginning. Canoe Therapy is growing!
We’re looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist who is driven to provide exceptional service to their families, loves to work within a team and who genuinely cares about the outcomes for their kiddos. Canoe Therapy is an interdisciplinary pediatric therapy team of Speech-Language Pathology, Psychology, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Behavioural Therapy. We take a holistic approach, considering the child and family as a whole and working in partnership with their wider team. We’re a passionate group of therapists who build strong relationships with our kids, their families and internally as a team. Our culture is inclusive, transparent and a place to be yourself! We’re all about clinical excellence.
The ideal candidate has:
· Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
· 1-3 years of experience in pediatrics
· Experience working with children with Autism, Down syndrome, and/or global developmental delay
· Experience working with children with neuro-motor/neuro-developmental conditions, genetic conditions, and/or orthopedic conditions
· Prior experience in private practice
Post graduate certificate or training in two or more of the following or similar:
· Ayres Sensory Integration
· Feeding assessment & intervention (i.e. Sequential Oral Sensory approach)
· Handwriting intervention (Learning Without Tears, Size Matters Handwriting Program, etc.)
· Therapeutic Listening
· Astronaut Training
· Alert Program
· NDT (Neurodevelopmental Training)
· Co-Op (Cognitive Orientation to Occupational Performance)
· Primitive Reflex Integration
· Visual-Motor skills testing and treatment
The nature of the work is hands-on assessment, consultation and treatment of the pediatric population. Client ages range from birth to young adults with a variety of diagnoses as well as those with no diagnosis. Services are typically delivered in clinic, however providing service in the home, school, or community may be necessary. Canoe also offers virtual sessions to families for which it may be appropriate.
Saturday caseload available
If you or someone you know is looking to join a creative and caring pediatric therapy team, we want to hear from you! Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for your interest in Canoe Therapy. We will contact you directly if you will be considered for an interview.