Instructor Therapist- Burlington, ON
Put your paddle in the water with us, the journey is just beginning. We’re looking for an experienced Instructor Therapist who is driven to provide exceptional service to their families, loves to work within a team, and who genuinely cares about the outcomes for their kiddos.
Canoe Therapy is an interdisciplinary pediatric therapy team of Speech-Language Pathology, Psychology, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, and Behaviour Therapy. We take a holistic approach, considering the child and family as a whole and working in partnership with their wider team. We’re a passionate group of therapists who build strong relationships with our kids and their families, and internally as a team. Our culture is inclusive, transparent and a place to be yourself!
The ideal Instructor Therapist candidate has:
- One to two years of ABA experience
- A degree in psychology or a related field or a diploma in a behavioural science program would be an asset
- Experience in recording and graphing treatment data
- Experience in conducting assessments such as ABLLS -R, and VBMAPP
- Ability to work collaboratively with parents and team members in the treatment planning and execution process
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to present information (both written and oral) sensitively and effectively
- Crisis Prevention Intervention training is strongly recommended
- Standard First Aid CPR/AED Level C
The candidate will:
- Have flexible hours including days, evenings and weekends
- Be available to participate in scheduled team meetings and conferences as required
BCBA and RBT supervision available
The nature of the work is hands-on assessment, parent training, and treatment of the pediatric population from infancy to young adults across all diagnoses and children who do not have a diagnosis. Typically clinic-based, services may be required to be delivered in home, school or community settings.
If you or someone you know is looking to join a creative and caring pediatric therapy team, we want to hear from you! Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for your interest in Canoe Therapy. We will contact you directly if you will be considered for an interview.
Questions? Give us a call at 905-633-9222.