OT Reg. (Ont)
Victoria completed her Master of Science in Occupational Therapy at the University of McMaster after receiving her Honours Bachelor of Applied Science in Early Childhood Studies from the University of Guelph, as well as her Diploma in Early Childhood Education from Humber college. She is registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario and is a member of the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists.
Victoria has worked in a variety of pediatric settings including respite support, early years centres, youth day programs, outpatient clinics, child and youth camps, preschools, as well as school-based rehabilitation. She has experience supporting children living with a range of abilities in the areas of self-care, written output, seating and positioning, fine and gross motor development, visual motor and visual perceptual skills, feeding, self-regulation, and sensory processing.
Victoria has completed the following continuing education workshops:
- Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) Approach to feeding, Level I
- Introduction to DIR and DIRFloortime
- Autism Learning Styles and Behavioral Problem Solving
- The Zones of Regulation
- Primitive Reflexes: Screening, compensation techniques, and treatment
- Cognitive Orientation to Daily Occupational Performance (CO-OP) I Introduction
- Camps on TRACKS: Peer mediated approach to inclusion
- Building Interactions to Grow Relationships: Early Words and Communication
Victoria’s approach to occupational therapy involves celebrating and supporting the whole child. This involves empowering families and their values, emphasizing meaningful occupations, and strength-based goal setting. Caregivers are encouraged to participate in therapy sessions where possible to further support their child’s occupational potential and goal achievement. Victoria is dedicated to making therapy an inclusive, fun, and safe space for learning, exploration, and growth.
While at home or in the community, Victoria enjoys going for walks, bike riding, singing, and spending time with her family.