Speech-Language Pathologist-Burlington, ON
Put your paddle in the water with us, the journey is just beginning.
We’re looking for an experienced Speech-Language Pathologist who is driven to provide exceptional service to their families, loves to work within a team and who genuinely cares about the outcomes for their kiddos.
Canoe Therapy is an interdisciplinary pediatric therapy team of Speech-Language Pathology, Psychology, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Behavioural Therapy. We take a holistic approach, considering the child and family as a whole and working in partnership with their wider team. We’re a passionate group of therapists who build strong relationships with our kids and their families and internally as a team. Our culture is inclusive, transparent and a place to be yourself!
The ideal candidate has:
- Current registration with the College of Audiologist and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario
- 2-4 years of experience in pediatrics
- Prior experience in private practice
Post graduate certificate or training in two or more of the following or similar:
- Lidcombe Program for Childhood Stuttering
- TalkTools: Oral Placement Therapy (OPT) for Speech Clarity and Feeding
- Kaufman Technique for Apraxia of Speech
- PROMPT (Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets)
- PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System)
- AAC (Assistive/Adaptive Communication)
- America Sign Language or Signed Exact English
- Hanen Early Language Programs for Parents
- Down Syndrome
- Selective Mutism
- Neuro-motor/Neuro-developmental conditions
- Genetic conditions
- General and Global Developmental Delay
- Standard First Aid CPR/AED Level C
The nature of the work is hands-on assessment, consultation and treatment of the pediatric population from birth to young adults across all diagnoses and children who do not have a diagnosis. Typically, clinic-based services may be required to be delivered in home, school or community settings.
If you or someone you know is looking to join a creative and caring pediatric therapy team, we want to hear from you! Please send a resume to email@example.com. We thank you for your interest in Canoe Therapy. We will contact you directly if you will be considered for an interview.