Put your paddle in the water with us, the journey is just beginning.
We’re looking for an experienced Part time Social Worker who is driven to provide exceptional service to their families, loves to work within a team and who genuinely cares about the outcomes for their kiddos.
Canoe Therapy is an interdisciplinary pediatric therapy team of Speech-Language Pathology, Psychology, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Behavioural Therapy. We take a holistic approach, considering the child and family as a whole and working in partnership with their wider team. We’re a passionate group of therapists who build strong relationships with our kids and their families and internally as a team. Our culture is inclusive, transparent and a place to be yourself! We’re all about clinical excellence.
The ideal candidate has:
- 2-3 years of experience in pediatrics
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Social Work and Social Service Workers
- Experience in conducting a series of individual sessions with a client
- Specialized skills to support children, youth and/or their families who have experienced or been affected by: Trauma, Anxiety, Depression, Eating disorders, Grief, Loss and Separation and/or Divorce
- Knowledge in a variety of play therapy models including directive methods (such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) and non-directive approaches (such as Child-Centered Play based services) is an asset.
- Experience providing consultation and collaborating with multidisciplinary teams
- Prior experience in private practice setting
The candidate will:
- Have flexible availability including evenings and weekends
The nature of the work is hands-on assessment, consultation and treatment of the pediatric population from birth to young adults across all diagnoses and children who do not have a diagnosis. Typically, clinic-based services may be required to be delivered in a school or community setting.
If you or someone you know is looking to join a creative and caring pediatric therapy team, we want to hear from you! Please send a resume to email@example.com. We thank you for your interest in Canoe Therapy. We will contact you directly if you will be considered for an interview.