Senior Therapist- Burlington, ON
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Therapist who is driven to provide exceptional service to their families, loves to work within a team, and who genuinely cares about the outcomes for their kiddos. Canoe Therapy is an interdisciplinary pediatric therapy team of Speech-Language Pathology, Psychology, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, and Behaviour Therapy. We take a holistic approach, considering the child and family as a whole and working in partnership with their wider team. We’re a passionate group of therapists who build strong relationships with our kids and their families, and internally as a team. Our culture is inclusive, transparent, and a place to be yourself!
- Supervising Instructor Therapists, including program implementation of intensive behavioural intervention and/or ABA services, in both 1:1 and group settings
- Conduct Functional and Behavioural Assessments with support of the Behaviour Consultant
- Develop and design individualized programming related to the client’s needs and goals
- Ensure the consistency in the delivery and quality of program content
- Assist in parent training
- Liaison with other service providers
- Provide training to Instructor Therapists, including modeling and providing feedback
- Work collaboratively with all members of the child’s team, including parents, instructor therapists,and the Behaviour Consultant
- Candidates must have at least 1-year of experience supervising Instructor Therapists.
- Must have Masters Degree in ABA or working towards is an asset.
- 1-3 years of direct clinical experience with Applied Behavioural Analysis with children.
- Experience implementing ABA with children with ADHD would be considered an asset.
- Must have skills in clinical and program supervision, assessment and direct service.
- Strong communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills along with excellent organizational abilities.
- Candidate must be licensed to drive in Ontario, have a vehicle and be willing to travel.
- First Aid/CPR training is an asset.
- Have flexible hours including days, evenings and weekends.
- Be available to participate in scheduled team meetings as required.
BCBA and RBT supervision available
The nature of the work is hands-on assessment and treatment of the pediatric population from birth to young adults across all diagnoses and children who do not have a diagnosis. Typically, clinic-based services may be required to be delivered in home, school or community settings.
If you or someone you know is looking to join a creative and caring pediatric therapy team, we want to hear from you! Please send a resume to email@example.com. We thank you for your interest in Canoe Therapy. We will contact you directly if you will be considered for an interview.