We’re looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist who is driven to provide exceptional service to their families, loves to work within a team and who genuinely cares about the outcomes for their kiddos. Canoe Therapy is an interdisciplinary pediatric therapy team of Speech-Language Pathology, Psychology, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Behavioural Therapy. We take a holistic approach, considering the child and family as a whole and working in partnership with their wider team. We’re a passionate group of therapists who build strong relationships with our kids, their families and internally as a team. Our culture is inclusive, transparent and a place to be yourself! We’re all about clinical excellence.
The ideal candidate has:
- Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- 2-5 years of experience in pediatrics
- Experience working with children with Autism
- Feeding and Handwriting training
- Prior experience in private practice
Post graduate certificate or training in two or more of the following or similar:
- Ayres Sensory Integration
- Therapeutic Listening
- Astronaut Training
- Alert Program
- NDT (Neurodevelopmental Training)
- Co-Op (Cognitive Orientation to Occupational Performance)
- Orthopedic conditions
- Neuro-motor/Neuro-developmental conditions
- Genetic conditions
- General and Global Developmental Delay
- Down Syndrome
- Primitive Reflex Integration
- Visual-Motor skills testing and treatment
The nature of the work is hands-on assessment, consultation and treatment of the pediatric population from birth to young adults across all diagnoses and children who do not have a diagnosis. Typically, clinic-based services may be required to be delivered in home, school or community settings.
If you or someone you know is looking to join a creative and caring pediatric therapy team, we want to hear from you! Please send a resume to email@example.com. We thank you for your interest in Canoe Therapy. We will contact you directly if you will be considered for an interview.