We’re looking for an experienced BCBA who is driven to provide exceptional service to their families, loves to work within a team, and who genuinely cares about the outcomes for their clients.
Canoe Therapy is an interdisciplinary pediatric therapy team of Speech-Language Pathology, Psychology, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, and Behaviour Therapy. We take a holistic approach, considering the child and family as a whole and working in partnership with their wider team. We’re a passionate group of therapists who build strong relationships with our kids and their families, and internally as a team. Our culture is inclusive, transparent, and a place to be yourself! We’re all about clinical excellence
The ideal candidate has:
- Masters Degree in Applied Behaviour Analysis, Psychology, or Developmental Disabilities
- Is a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst, with a minimum of 2 years experience as a Clinical Supervisor, including conducting behavioural assessments, development of behavioural interventions and supervision of programming.
- Experience working as a professional within a clinical multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated practical experience in the field of autism
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with supported individuals, families, employees and other agencies
- Strong ability to demonstrate support and sensitivity to the needs of individuals and families
- Exceptional organization and time management skills to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent ability to supervise and train employees in the implementation and monitoring of behavioural programs, including supervision of BCBA candidates and practicum students
- Ability to function both independently and collaboratively with initiative and self motivation
- A valid Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle
- Ability and willingness to travel and work flexible hours including some evening and weekends
The nature of the work is hands-on assessment, parent training, and treatment of the pediatric population from infancy to young adults with varying diagnoses. Typically clinic-based, services may be required to be delivered in school, or community settings.
If you or someone you know is looking to join a creative and caring pediatric therapy team, we want to hear from you! We thank you for your interest in Canoe Therapy. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and inclide a cover letter.
We will contact you directly if you will be considered for an interview.